Thursday, June 3, 2010

And then the stork came....


Did you know that human babies come from a stork? Did you also know that chicken babies (chicks) come from the stork too? Well, the other day I saw a big stork flying through the air! He was carrying a little bundle of love to our house on Himes Street!

We got our new little treasure on Wednesday. We got a black chicken in order to promote diversity at our house. Diversity@HimesStreet@Huntington. (She is the small black chicken on the right). We held a naming contest in order to come up with a name for her. Some people suggested some really strange names: Bernice, Denise, Chickenshit, and many others. I decided that I wanted to name her Carol. Carol is a very near and dear name to me: It is my mother's name. I haven't told my mom yet though that I named a chicken after her that I plan to eat at some point in my life. Oh, I guess we should talk about that too... I'm going to have to eat these chickens come winter because there will be no where to keep them during the winter. Sadness. Or maybe I'll just send them to the retirement farm.

I think that Carol is doing well adjusting to life on Himes Street. The other chickens were a little stand offish at first, however they are warming up to her. The picture that is posted here is of the chickens cuddling under the heat lamp together.

We are all excited about our growing family. I hope that you'll read and watch us grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment