Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Chicken Whisperer


Tonight I re-met a girl who used to go to Huntington my freshmen year. I really didn't remember her, but we both at least had remembered hearing the other person's name before. Well, she really wanted to meet my baby girls. She had told me that she was a big fan of animals but I had no idea that it was this extensive. One thing that has been plaguing my chick box is that fact that my chickens are so skittish all the time. I feel like they are a little afraid of me, and everyone for that matter. It wasn't like that so much when I first got them, but it's like that now though.

Anyways, she came onto the porch and picked up The Colonel no problem and held him close to her face and started talking to her. She kept on saying things like, "You are a truly beautiful chicken on the outside...and inside." She held them all with such a gentle touch and they didn't squirm. They calmly sat in her hands and didn't poop either. She was holding Boo and looked her in the eyes and said, "Boo while you're little you're very cute, but..." and I looked over at this time..."when you're older you'll be beautiful". Then Boo closed her eyes and kinda fell asleep.

I told this girl that she was kind of like a Chicken Whisperer because she was able to hold the chicks and they were calm about it. She laughed and said she has the same way with Alpacas.

May God bless my Chicken Whisperer.

No comments:

Post a Comment